Incredible low-frequency pickup and a neutral midrange set the stage for a very gentle high-frequency roll off that’s inherent to classic ribbons — but the SR-2N miraculously loses no transient detail, and beautifully flatters percussive material and bright sound sources in a way that won’t make you feel like you’re missing anything by skipping the EQ.
Stick one up close on the smaller speaker of an old tube combo for tremendous low-end emphasis, back up a pair to capture drums with a three-dimensional quality, or…jeez…just leave the thing on a stand and point it at anything that makes sound, then stretch out a big ol’ smile when you listen to playback.
- • Neodymium Magnets
- • Passive yet high output design
- • Toroidal Transformer designed and made by Stager Microphones
- • Weight – 14oz.
- • Polar Pattern – Figure Eight
- • Ribbon Dimensions – 2″ X 0.25″
- • 1.8 micron ribbon thickness
- • Stereo Shock Mount included with matched pairs
- • MADE IN USA