The AEA R84 is an affordable Large Ribbon Geometry (LRG) microphone suitable for use by the most demanding audio professional or hobbyist.
If you are new to ribbons, you are in for a treat! Experienced users have discovered the R84 is an outstanding general-purpose microphone, ideally suited for solo and accent work. It is hard to find an application where this mic does not shine. It is a fine example of the natural sound and figure-8 directional sensitivity a quality ribbon mic delivers.
- Pure natural sound, just as you hear it when you´re placing your mic in the studio.
- Quick smooth transients that capture the feeling of being there without sounding like a recording.
- Extended bass and treble that captures the details without shoving anything in your face.
- A figure-eight pattern that focuses your recording on the sound you want.
We believe you will enjoy the confidence this mic inspires. It´s a forgiving tool that makes your recording work easier, as it literally sounds good on everything. Try it first and you´ll usually like it and find it sits well in the mix. When time is scarce and quality necessary, put the R84 to the test. Our users´ experience is that you´ll use it more and more (in pairs too!). Then it will start to really grow on you.[hr]
At AEA R84 er anmeldernes darling er ikke længere nogen hemmelighed.
“The R84 is just surprising. I was expecting smooth; I wasn´t expecting such incredible punch!”
– Pete Townshend, The Who, London
– George Massenburg, GML
– Lester Smith, Abbey Road
– Joe Chiccarelli, multi-platinum producer/engineer
– Kyle Harris, PlayR Recording in Phoenix
Se alle anmeldelserne her: REVIEWS (external link)