SE25: THE MINI CONTROLLER
WITH THE NEKTAR EXTRA
MOBILE ACTION – THE KEYBOARD
The keys are the most important feature for a MIDI controller keyboard: They transport your playing and musical ideas into the computer. As the SE25 is designed to be ultimately mobile and fit in any backpack, there was simply no room to fit full-size keys. But still we wanted it to be playable well. So we developed a new velocity-sensitive mini-keybed for the SE25. Despite these keys’ miniscule dimensions, you can play them expressively with a defined and firm feel. What’s more, a choice of three different velocity curves allows you to adjust the keyboard response to your playing style. These keys are ready for action!
DOUBLE UP – PART TWO
Simply press the dedicated “2” button to momentarily shift the octave, add an octave or harmony layer while you play – or switch to a different channel: The unique Part Two feature will enable you to play in ways not even possible on keyboards with many more keys! What’s so special about this? Well, the moment you let go of the Part Two button, the SE25 reverts back to its original settings. So you can toggle back-and-forth between two different keyboard configurations in realtime. A fun performance feature!
The “2” button is assignable to Octave, MIDI Channel, Transpose, Layer and Latch or a combination of these features.
Pitch Bend, Modulation and Sustain are key ingredients for dynamic keyboard performances. So we found a way to shrink the controls to size and put them right at your fingertips. Six buttons to the left of the keyboard are pre-assigned to octave shift, transpose and sustain. Don’t need transpose? Then assign the transpose buttons to Pitch Bend, MIDI Volume, Pan, Track* or Patch* change instead (*= requires Nektar DAW Integration). And the “S” Sustain button can alternatively be used to control modulation.
NEKTAR DAW INTEGRATION
Give your trackpad or mouse a break and control DAW transport functions and track selection directly from the SE25: Simply press the Play and Rewind buttons simultaneously to enter transport mode and our custom NEKTAR DAW Integration software lets you control your DAW!
Nektar DAW Integration for SE25 currently supports Bitwig, Cubase, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Digital Performer, FL Studio, Mixcraft, Reason, Reaper, Sonar and Studio One. (In order to take advantage of Nektar DAW Integration, you need to register your SE25 and download the integration files from your user account.)
CAPTURE YOUR IDEAS –
BITWIG 8-TRACK INCLUDED
You can start producing, performing, and designing sounds like a pro from day one with the included Bitwig 8-Track DAW. It includes over 50 software instruments and effects for use on up to 8 audio or MIDI project tracks, and you can use any 3rd party VST® plug-ins you might own, too. The ‘Bitwig Essentials Package’ comes as part of this package as well, featuring a highly versatile handpicked selection of loops, clips and samples, to make it even easier to get you started.
With Nektar DAW Integration you can control track selection and transport controls directly from the SE25, making this a fantastic combination. If you are just starting out, you will find it’s the perfect way to take your first steps in the world of digital music creation. And if you’re already familiar with using computer software, you’ll be amazed at what this combination has to offer!
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini keys
- 3 velocity curves (default, soft, hard)
- 6 buttons: Octave Up/Down, PB1/PB2, Sustain, Part 2
- PB1 & PB2 buttons (assignable to: Pitch Bend, Transpose, Vol, Pan, Track* or Patch* change)
- Part Two button: Assignable to Octave, MIDI Channel, Transpose, Layer and Latch (momentary)
- “S” button: Assignable to Sustain or Modulation
- Transport control via secondary button function*
- Works with any DAW or MIDI music software on OS X, Windows and Apple iOS.
- Nektar DAW Integration for: Bitwig, Cubase, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Digital Performer, FL Studio, Mixcraft, Reason, Reaper, Sonar and Studio One.
- Connections: Micro USB port (USB-powered)
- Weight & Dimensions: 33.5 cm (L) x 10 cm (D) x 2.1 cm (H), 0.4 kgs(*= requires Nektar DAW Integration)
- USB class compliant (no driver needed)
- SE25: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or higher. Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Linux (Ubuntu).
- Compatible with Apple iOS (requires camera connection kit)
- Nektar DAW Integration: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 or higher. Mac OS X 10.7 or higher. (All other requirements dependent on the DAW software used, please consult the respective manual for further details)
IN THE BOX
- SE25 MIDI keyboard controller
- Micro USB cable
- User Guide
- Bitwig licence card