- Classic Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Design
- MK9 Dual 1-inch Capsule with 5-micron Mylar, Evaporated Gold Diaphragms
- Nine Selectable Pick-up Patterns
- AMI BT4 Transformer
- Original NOS Telefunken EF800 Tube
- Individual serialized Frequency Response Graph
- External Power Supply and 7-pin XLR Cable
- Wood Presentation Case with swivel-mount, shock-mount and rugged aluminum Carrying Case
- The Miktek CV4 is a large-diaphragm tube condenser microphone offering nine pick-up patterns. The CV4’s sound is truly large and produces a musical response that will please artists, producers and most seasoned engineers a like. The bottom end is big, warm and tight, with mids that are present and even, along with a high frequency response that’s sweet and airy. The CV4 is ideal for recording single vocalists, and perfect for acoustic instruments, groups of vocals, piano, string ensembles, winds, overheads on a drum kit or as ambient room mics.
- The CV4 utilizes the MK9 capsule developed by Miktek.
- This unique capsule features dual 1-inch diaphragms manufactured using 5-micron Mylar with a 0.4-micron layer of evaporated gold, which is precisely tensioned, mounted to carefully-tuned backplates, and set back-to-back to create the final capsule. Tight tolerances and special attention to precise machining of the backplate produce a linear off-axis response that ensures the accuracy of the microphone.
- The heart and soul of the CV4’s head amplifier is the AMI BT4 transformer, which offers a classic sound and an extended low frequency response found in the earliest versions of the most famous vintage tube microphones. Together with an original NOS (new-old-stock) Telefunken EF800 tube, in which the high-voltage circuit has been uniquely implemented, the microphone challenges the performance of the best-in-class industry standards without hesitation.
- The Miktek CV4 is hand-built using components from the US, Europe and Asia, and is tested and packaged in Nashville, Tennessee, USA. Each microphone includes its serialized frequency response graph created during final testing.
- The CV4 is packaged with its swivel mount in a wooden box, which is set inside an aluminum case with the included power supply unit, 7-pin XLR cable and shock mount.
|Microphone Type||Tube Condenser|
|Polar Pattern||Nine Patterns Through Cardioid, Omni, and Figure-8|
|Diaphragm Size||1″ (25.4mm)|
|Max SPL||133dB SPL|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||78dB|
|Self Noise||16dB (A weighted)|
|Low Cut Filter||No Filter|
|Included Accessories||Power supply, Shock mount, Carry case|
|Manufacturer Part Number||CV4|