Beskrivelse på engelsk:
The AEA RPQ Ribbon Preamp with Curve-Shaping provides two channels of high-quality, high-gain, low-noise microphone preamplification, and unlike the TRP provides phantom power for active electronics. Particularly well-suited for use with ribbon microphones, it delivers the speed, precision, quietness, and headroom needed for today´s high-resolution recordings. The JFET circuit design generates up to 80 dB of clean and quiet gain, with extended bandwidth from below 1 Hz to beyond 200 kHz, for dynamic range and transient response that complements all of your microphones.
The RPQ´s Curve-Shaper gives you the tools to control your ribbons. Ribbon mics are capable of delivering strong sub-woofer lows, and can have a significant bass proximity effect. Such strong low-frequency content can mask high-frequency intelligibility, so the tunable LF filter was engineered to tame low-frequency energy to appropriate levels.
The HF filter enables you to extend the high end adding a little extra “presence” or “air” to the pickup. The HF filter compensates for the high-frequency roll-off that is inherent to most ribbon microphones, distant mic placement, or an overly “dry” acoustical environment.
- 80 dB of gain at 1kHz, balanced-in to balanced-out
- Noise figure, rms A-weighted: < 2 dB
- EIN < -128 dBu A-weighted, 150 W resistive source
- Balanced Microphone Input Impedance > 10 kO
- Green, red, and yellow LEDs indicate line level
- XLR output max level into 600O load: +28 dBu, balanced; +22 dBu, unbalanced
- TRS output max level into 100 kO load: +22 dBu, unbalanced
- Grayhill series 71 stepped gain switch
- Rotary potentiometers detented at 12:00 o´clock position
- Metallic blue and steel gray powder-coat finish
- Silkscreened engraved legends and single line schematic
- Detachable rack-ears included
- 1 RU steel and aluminum chassis: 17.25″ w, 11″ d, 1.7″ h (44 cm x 28 cm x 4.3 cm)
- Weight: 6.75 pounds (3.1 Kg)
AEA RPQ Review
Nov 1, 2009, Mix, by Barry Rudolph
“Tech Reviews – AEA RPQ Ribbon Mic Preamp”
“This is the smoothest EQ I´ve ever heard…The AEA RPQ is an all-around super mic preamp. It caters to the requirements of any ribbon mic with its high gain, low noise, gigantic dynamic range and excellent Curve Shaper section.”
Read the review.
“If you´re a fan of ribbon mics — and you have this kind of budget available — the RPQ is a must-buy product. I was astonished at how much better every ribbon I´ve ever reviewed sounded when it was connected to the TRP preamp as compared to other preamps (whether budget, professional or high-end boutique), and this RPQ version matches that all the way.”
Se alle anmeldelserne her: REVIEWS